Monday, July 25, 2011

Chapter 6: Our Family Vacation - To Al Simhara Egypt


 It was early Friday morning the day of our family vacation to Al Simhara Egypt.
Everyone was still sleeping, after along night of cleaning.



 Our flight was in 6 hours and our flight duration is 16 hours. I was so excited about our trip to Egypt that's all I could dream about last night. When we finally woke up we began getting our suitcases together. 
 I got dress in my yellow and white blouse with some gray leggings, along with my matching open toe shoes.






 While I began making the bed , 




Marquis went to the mailbox to pay our bills so while were in Egypt  nothing changes here and we don't get any surprises when we got back. 
We now have 4 hours top til our flight and our driver is nowhere to be found. 
So to kill time Marquis changed his outfit



and began reading Sims Daily Star Newspaper.




My mother got a phone call from our driver Sara saying she's on her way. When my mom delivered the news too us, everyone immediately stopped what they were doing, 


 carried their suitcases outside. 
I thought by the time we walked outside Sara would be there waiting on us. To my surprise there was still no car and No Sara. We continued to wait for 10mins still no car. Time is running out and now we only have 2 hours left before our flight leaves, we've not checked in our luggage's nor have we checked in ourselves. I'm wondering if we are going to have enough time to do so? We were told to be at the airport  at least 3 hours early before our flights. 


 Everyone including myself was getting frustrated. 
So finally Marquis  decided to call a taxi, as he was doing so Sara the driver pulled up.




We didn't say a word, just got our suitcases into the trunk and we were off. We made it just in time to check-in ourselves and our luggage's.

 We boarded Egypt Air and we were on our way.



 We all slept through our 16 hours journey. Finally when we landed, everyone was well rested and very anxious. Once we exit the airport a car was waiting for us, to bring us to our base camp. 

 By the time we reach the camp it was so hot, 




 I couldn't believe how over dressed we were. 
Since we couldn't bare the heat any longer, we change into what suit our comfort level.




 Base Camp was not what I'd imagine it to be. It's can outdoor camp all i could think about was the heat, and sleeping outside in tents. Don't get me wrong I love adventures and trying new things, just not when the sun has no mercy with it rays. I thought with us being famous worldwide we would have gotten The Royal Treatment. I guess not, it looks like we have to work extra hard to get our own Vacation house. In the Egyptian guide it states that in order to purchase a Vacation Home here in Egypt your visa level must to be a level 3. Since it's our first time traveling we sure do have a long way to go.



 After finish getting settled in, it was time to head over to the local market. I was fulled with so much excitement  to see so many different new things that are available and the culture that's behind it as well. 





 Everyone went their own way but I found myself at the gift Merchant. I really wanted to purchase gifts for everyone not just any old gift, something special so they can remember our time in Egypt and that it was from me. I bought everyone  expensive gifts such as 3 cameras and 3 keyspan scooters. The scooters I must say are the cutest little thing I ever seen.
I couldn't wait til we got back to base camp, so I decided to give each person their gift right then and there.




By the looks on everyone's face they weren't expecting any kind of gifts at all. After all my gift giving I didn't realize that the sun was setting.
It was getting dark and it was time to head back to camp for the night.
My parents were pretty much exhausted by the Egyptian heat that they went straight to bed, leaving Marquis and I awake.

Stay Tune for Part 2 of Our Family Vacation To- Al Simhara Egypt
See what else this Foreign Country have in store for my Family...

Thank you for taking the time out to read my blog its truly appreciated.

If your feeling generous and would like to give a gift here's my wishlist
also feel free to add me as well.

Also 
Naomi Bell now as a Facebook Page called
Naomi Bell's 100 Baby Challenge
Please come and check it out. Don't forget to Hit the Like button while your at it.


2 comments:

  1. Yay, family time! I've always wanted to go to Egypt but it seem too hot for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really intersting trip. i hope you enjoy Egypt trip very well.

    ReplyDelete