Saturday, August 27, 2011

Chapter 8: "The Journey Has Just Begun" Part 1

 Part 1

When returning home from the airport I couldn’t help but noticing how hungry I have become in short a drive home. Once we arrived home I left everyone outside unloading the car. While heading inside the house, all I could think about is food. I walked over to the fridge to prepare something for myself to eat.  By the way my stomach felt and the noise it was making, there was no time to prepare something new. My only choice was to eat leftovers from 3 days ago. I really couldn’t complain because the leftovers were still fresh. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw that Lobster was one of my choices. I quickly grab a plate, walked over to the table. 


Once I was seated I really couldn’t wait to dig in and enjoy my favorite dish. I was eating so fast that I began choking. Still couldn’t slow myself down; this Lobster was twice as good as before. That’s the magic of leftovers.  After finishing with my favorite dish, I found myself still hungry. I guess rushing through my dinner wasn’t the smartest idea.

Even though I really wanted to make something, my tiredness and laziness has taken over my body.  I went into the fridge and got a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. Once my plate of spaghetti was heated in the microwave, the aroma from the sauce and meatball began to fill the room. Yummy. 



So caught up in my food that I hadn’t realized when the rest of the family entered the house. Everyone got their plates and headed outside to the backyard patio to eat. While taking my time to eat, I began wondering how soon my pregnant belly will start to show. The funny thing is my mother is always asking me when I am going to give her grand-babies. She never told me what to expect once I’m pregnant.  Since I am the only child, I really didn’t have any other older siblings to talk too. As far as my parents go they too were the only child for their parents. So that leaves me with no aunts, uncles, or cousins.
So deep in my own thoughts that I didn’t see it was getting late. While gathering the plates for the dishwasher, my same exact thoughts came back. Which trigger some mini panic attacks.  I haven’t had a panic attack since my teenage years, when my father passed away.  With all these questions in my head, it’s soon to happen.  I cannot help but ask myself these questions: Do I know everything there is to know about babies? Do I know how to fully care for a newborn? Will I have a healthy pregnancy along with a healthy baby? Will I gain a lot of weight during this pregnancy? All I could hear echoing in my head was the last question “Will I gain a lot of weight during my pregnancy?” over and over again.
I couldn’t take it anymore, without any warning I let out a very loud scream “AHHHHH-HHH. Being overwhelmed with all these questions had me feeling drained, extremely tired. Once I got myself together, it was time for bed.  I was very happy to see my queen size bed, after spending 3 days sleeping in a tent.  I was in need of a good rest. 



(3 Hours Later)


Right as I was falling into a deep sleep. My stomach wasn’t feeling too well.  That’s when I feel whatever it is moving up instead of down; before I could blink each of my hands became very busy. 

By holding mouth shut from vomiting on the floor and holding my stomach. I was becoming more nauseous by the minute. Wondering to myself what could this be, while trying to keep myself calm so I don’t have another panic attack. My stomach must be reacting to what I ate early on. I really wanted this feeling to just go away as fast as it came.  Also I wanted to get my mother, but her room is on other side of the house. Besides my stomach had its own plans, before I could even step a foot out of my room; I ended up running towards the bathroom for the toilet. 
Whatever was going on with my stomach, it couldn’t hold it any longer. 


 The toilet became my best friend throughout the night and early morning. Even when I try to take a little nap, it was time to head for the bathroom again.  Sleep wasn’t in the plan anymore. I was extremely tired, still nauseous, now hungry, and had to urinate every 5 minutes.




I was starting to get annoyed with myself at this point; I don’t know which direction to turn. I came to conclusion that a shower would make everything disappear, even me being hungry. 
While taking a nice long shower, I began to think clearly and realize what was wrong with me.  I was beginning to show signs of me being pregnant. That really was an amazing and relaxing shower. Now that I’ve freshen up it was time to get some outfits together and then it was breakfast time.
 

My outfits were planned and are ready for when I received my pregnancy moodlet. Breakfast smelled so good coming from in the hallway.  When I walked into the kitchen my mother had prepared some delicious French toast.

Naomi: Mom those smell so good.
Mom: Thank you darling, have a seat and I’ll bring you a plate.
Naomi: Mom you don’t have too.
Mom: I know but I want too, darling. 

For some reason my mother was acting kind of weird I didn’t know what’s gotten into her, I intended to find out why she’s in such a good mood. I notice that the guys weren’t in the house. Mom probably knows where they have gone.

Naomi: Mom where are the guys?
Mom- They went on a little fishing trip.
Naomi- Okay, I’m surprise Marquis didn’t say anything to me.
Mom- Yes he mention for me to tell you where he was going when you wake up. He didn’t want to wake you up after the rough night you had.
Naomi- Rough night?  What rough night are you talking about mom?
Mom- Naomi the whole entire house heard you last night and early this morning in the bathroom. Doing what I believe was vomiting right? 

Well if the whole house heard me in the bathroom, then it was no use in hiding what’s going on with me any longer.

Naomi- Yes mom I had a rough night into the morning with being nauseous, vomiting, and going to the bathroom every 5 minutes.  
 Naomi- I wanted to come and get you, but every time I tried too I would end up in the bathroom. 
 Mom- My poor baby that’s what happens when you’re pregnant hun.
 Naomi- Who said anything about being pregnant mom?
 Mom- Nobody Naomi nobody have too darling. I saw something was different about you before we left Egypt.
 Naomi- What was so different about me that you saw?

I was confused on what my mother was now talking about. Well she is probably right; I did get a darker tan that’s all I noticed about myself before leaving.

Mom- Of course darling you’re not going to see it. No one else is going to see it unless they have experience it before.

I was even more confused than before and had to stop eating to try and fully understand what she was saying to me.

Naomi- What did you see mom?
Mom- When a woman becomes pregnant she get a beautiful glow about her, which you had. Only a mother can see that beauty before the pregnant mother actually start showing.
Naomi- So you’re saying to me that you already know I was pregnant?
Mom- Yes my dear, but it wasn’t my place to say it to you. It was more of the other way around.
Mom- All the signs were there, you ate two plates of food when we got home from the airport. You were vomiting all night and earlier morning. So you see Naomi they were there.
Naomi- I’m very sorry mom for not coming to you right away with such important news.
Mom- There’s no need for you to be sorry. I’m fully aware and understand that you weren’t ready; when you were you would have come and let me know.
Naomi- Thank you mom for everything.

She grabbed my hands, and squeezed it tight and gave me a smile. This reminds me I forgot to mention couple things.

Naomi- Mom I’m going down the road to visit one of our distant neighbors Jamie Jolina who is a doctor. Also when the guys get back, you all can meet me at the new dive bar next to the library, so we can celebrate me being pregnant.
Mom: Okay darling see you there.

Thank you for taking the time out to read my blog its truly appreciated.
Please Stay tune for Pt 2 of Chapter 8: The Journey Has Just Begun.
To see how Naomi continues to manage with being pregnant.

If your feeling generous and would like to give a gift here's my wishlist
also feel free to add me as well.
Also 
Naomi Bell now as a Facebook Page called
Naomi Bell's 100 Baby Challenge
Please come and check it out. Don't forget to Hit the Like button while your at it.


Please Comment!!
I would love to hear your opinions about my story so far.

2 comments:

  1. Her mom is so sweet! I can't wait for the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey just wanted to know if you have stop blogging and if not i would love to read your new chapters if so.

    ReplyDelete